What better way to celebrate than with a super-simple, yet fabulous recipe DIRECTLY FROM MY KITCHEN!
This 4th of July, why don’t you be a hero AND celebrate the crippling obesity epidemic with my BANANA PUDDING CASSEROLE! Yes, I call it a casserole, because to me, nothing says America like cramming a bunch of delights into a baking pan and calling them vittles!
Without further Adieu, here’s my BIRTHDAY gift to YOU!
Banana Pudding Casserole
All you need is…
2 large boxes of Jello instant pudding, 1 vanilla, 1 banana flavored.
1 Box of Hostess Twinkies
1 Large Tub of Cool Whip Whipped topping
Box of Nabisco Nilla Wafers
1 Large Banana sliced in thin coins
9 x 13 glass baking pan
- Follow Pudding directions on box. Set completed pudding mixture aside.
- unwrap all Twinkies, lay them across the bottom of the pan leaving space between each.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the Twinkies, making sure to cover all.
- Arrange an even layer of the banana slices over the poured and evened out pudding.
- “Frost” with Cool Whip
- Arrange an even layer of Nilla Wafers on top of evened out Cool Whip.
- Chill for 30 minutes at least (The longer the better!)
- Be the hero at any cookout, party or drunk tank you visit tonight.
And just so you know, don’t use imitation Twinkies, everyone will talk about you and call you cheap. Spring for the good stuff, jerk.
PS: You don’t have to assemble in a pyrex, but it makes for an awesome reveal!
I sure hope you’ve enjoyed your time with me here on Cookin’ with Cribsy. To those of you with the stones to try this today, you’ll be glad you did. And yes, these are actual photos of the delight I made right here this morning.
From My Kitchen to Yours,
Happy Independence Day, AND ENJOY!
The Crib Keeper